Chithalen died due to an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts in 1999.
His death could have been avoided. Through education and awareness
we can make a difference for people at risk. Choose a link below
to learn more about Joe.
Joe Chithalen was a respected musician, poet and
friend. Find out what Joe was like, and his approach to life.
Joe was careful about his allergy but it never
stopped him from doing what he loved.
A single bite, a foreign country, so many little
things added up to Joe's death. Learning from this experience we
can do a lot to prevent another tragedy like Joe's.